Because I haven't read the book, I can't post a review. However, I can say that, after having taken a quick peek between the covers, that it looks like a really cool book. From the textured front cover to the incredibly detailed illustrations to the neat surprises included on many of the pages. It just looks like a fun book!
Here's what the publisher has to say about it...
Ancient Greece had its Titans, the Celts their Green Knight, the Bible Goliath -- and for those who know where to look, signs of these legendary hulking creatures still abound. Now comes a hugely engrossing chronicle of
giants since antiquity, from their role in forming mountains and causing earthquakes to the mysteries of their sacks (watch out for hitchhiking humans); from their means of employment (how did the Druids built Stonehenge?) to an extensive map of places around the world where giants may likely be found. Exhaustive and lushly illustrated, this enormously valuable resource is sure to fascinate all who open its covers.
Special features include:
- sundry flaps, booklets, and gatefolds
- a lavish foiled and embossed cover
- an elegant tassel dangling from the spine
Are there giants among us? Find their story writ large in a lavish exploration touching on folklore and myth, truth and whimsy.
If you live in the US and think this book sounds like something you'd be interested in winning for yourself or a special child in your life, please leave me a comment here telling me about your favorite folklore or mythical creature.
For extra entries readers can do one or all of the following:
- Subscribe to my e-mail updates (link can be found on right side column)
- Follow me here at Ready Set Read Reviews (link can be found on right side column)
- Stumble either this post or the main Ready Set Read Reviews page and comment back with your Stumble ID
- Add my button (found on right side coloum) to your blog roll
- Mention this giveaway on your blog by creating a new post linking back to me
Please come back and leave a new comment for each new entry. (Please include links.)
With the Thanksgiving holiday coming up next week, I'm going to leave this open for entries through Friday December 5th. I'll then do an online random draw to determine which lucky reader will be taking home this prize just in time for Christmas.
Due to cost of postage, US entries ONLY on this first giveaway. I'll see how it goes, and then consider my options again in the future.